[tor-relays] Advise on fully using a gigabit connection

Jesse Victors jvictors at jessevictors.com
Wed Mar 5 16:51:16 UTC 2014

Hey everyone. I manage an exit at a university, and I recently moved it
to a gigabit connection. I did some tests and the machine does appear to
be capable of fully using the available bandwidth. Besides getting two
Tor instances to run side-by-side on the same IP, is there anything else
I can do to further contribute the connection besides waiting and
maintaining uptime? I set my average and burst bandwidth limits to the
maximum upload speed I have been able to achieve in my tests, is that an
ideal setting? Please advise.

Thanks.