[tor-relays] Single IP multiple OR Ports

toxi roxi toxiroxi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:00:15 UTC 2014

Hi Moritz,

i know that link and thats what i have done to setup intel aesni
acceleration - but it seems that this tweak is not available anymore on
ubuntu 13.10 thats what i've meant.
i found also some hints in google that this is no longer working now.

this is in my startup log:
Mar 04 11:54:24.000 [warn] Unable to load dynamic OpenSSL engine "aesni".
Mar 04 11:54:24.000 [notice] Default OpenSSL engine for RSA is RSAX engine
support [rsax]
Mar 04 11:54:24.000 [warn] TLS error while generating certificate: could
not load the shared library (in DSO support routines:DLFCN_LOAD:---)
Mar 04 11:54:24.000 [warn] TLS error while generating certificate: could
not load the shared library (in DSO support routines:DSO_load:---)
Mar 04 11:54:24.000 [warn] TLS error while generating certificate: dso not
found (in engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:---)
Mar 04 11:54:24.000 [warn] TLS error while generating certificate: no such
engine (in engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:---)

but as you can see aesni_intel is activated:
lsmod | grep aes
aesni_intel            55624  0
aes_x86_64             17131  1 aesni_intel
lrw                    13286  1 aesni_intel
glue_helper            13990  1 aesni_intel
ablk_helper            13597  1 aesni_intel
cryptd                 20359  3 ghash_clmulni_intel,aesni_intel,ablk_helper

i found some information on 2 pages that aesni_intel is no longer available
to openssl 1.0.1 so this accelleration is not usable anymore - as ubuntu
13.10 is delivered with that openssl version im also affected of that
change.

i found some informations here:
with a hint for reading here
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2012-March/001260.html

is there any other way to get this acceleration working?

thanks for your support!