[tor-relays] Obfs + Non-obfs bridges

Daniel Thill dgt at acm.org
Mon Jun 30 01:49:49 UTC 2014

Can a single tor daemon instance provide both non-obfuscated and various other obfuscated transports? Right now, I have one instance that provides both obfs3 and scramblesuit.  E.g.,

ServerTransportPlugin obfs3,scramblesuit exec /usr/local/bin/obfsproxy managed
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs3 MYIP:PORT
ServerTransportListenAddr scramblesuit MYIP:PORT2

I currently have another tor instance that runs a vanilla bridge configuration (no transports) on a different port.  Is this really necessary?  I couldn't find any documentation that address this.   Can non-transport clients use any bridge by simply not negotiating a transport?  There is a "none" pluggable transport type, but I figured that was for debugging purposes.

Thanks,
Dan