[tor-relays] Spam

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Thu Jun 26 16:08:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:47:49 +0100
kingqueen <kingqueen at btnf.tw> wrote:

> > just tried and easily found your E-Mail using search engines such as Google
> > and others.
>
> Really? kingqueen at btnf.tw ?
> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kingqueen%40btnf.tw#q=%22kingqueen%40btnf.tw%22
> lists only a Tor node list.

And that Tor node list is, in fact, a web page.

Which is exactly what I meant. Your E-mail is in that list, the list is on the
web, and if crawlers from Google and other search engines could find it, then
also web crawlers which collect E-Mails to be used for spamming purposes could
find it just as easily.

One workaround is to obfuscate the E-Mail you use in your contact details as
I mentioned, either lightly or not, I have seen some really creative ways
people obfuscate their E-Mail to avoid spam-crawlers.

--
With respect,
Roman