[tor-relays] bitcoin adopt a node idea

Jurre van Bergen jurre at useotrproject.org
Thu Jun 26 07:33:36 UTC 2014

Hoi,

At hartvoorinternetvrijheid.nl we have been toying with the exact same
idea and I think Moritz had the same idea too. Cheap crowd sponsored
relays are interesting for several reasons, you feel part of the process
as a donator. Next to the fact that, at least we came up with that, that
you get statistics of how many people you have helped on to the Tor
network, with maybe a few links to relevant censorship news around the
world. The donor feels warm from the inside and we get to grow the Tor
network.

There is work to be done on this, but there is also already work done on
this, I guess we just need someone to coordinate all of this.

All the best,
Jurre