[tor-relays] Is my tor exit relay set up correctly?

I beatthebastards at inbox.com
Thu Jun 26 00:26:14 UTC 2014

Matt,

No, I mean every ab initio Tor relay operator.

From my experience getting into Tor and from watching the list it is obvious that there is quite often a chasm between those with the goodwill to run a relay and those confident with Linux and Tor jargon/lexicon.

Even asking questions on the list is not very useful because it is not really possible to either ask all you need to or to depend on the answers completely if you don't know who's who. The repetitive questions are annoying to some as well.

So why not offer reassurance for the security of the Tor network, and confidence and encouragement to the people who might give up?
In my case it has been by accident that I have come across some important aspects of torrc settings and now ARM use.

It is better to shepherd people consciously than to keep pointing them bluntly to look at the web of links which depends on them understanding.

Robert