[tor-relays] Yahoo and AOL emails removed from tor-relays due to bounces

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Thu Jun 19 19:36:35 UTC 2014

It seems Yahoo and AOL email servers have decided to refuse all messages
from this tor-relays list. Other lists aren't affected, yet.

We're seeing this message from Yahoo and AOL servers:

Remote-MTA: dns; mailin-04.mx.aol.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 521 5.2.1 :  (DMARC) This message failed DMARC
    Evaluation and is being refused due to provided DMARC Policy"

There is no fix for this yet as it breaks mailing list software
globally. This bug explains the situation,

If you use yahoo or aol for email, unfortunately you can't join nor
receive email from our lists.

I suspect this will become true for all of our email lists soon.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475