[tor-relays] Traffic limitation

mal mal at sec.gd
Thu Jun 19 12:29:48 UTC 2014

I cannot remember where I read it, but I have read that it is preferred
to run a higher speed relay with accounting over a low speed relay.

Also, from https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#LimitTotalBandwidth :
Note that your relay won't wake up exactly at the beginning of each
accounting period. It will keep track of how quickly it used its quota
in the last period, and choose a random point in the new interval to
wake up. This way we avoid having hundreds of relays working at the
beginning of each month but none still up by the end.