[tor-relays] Debian relay Puppet module

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Jun 17 18:54:51 UTC 2014

On 06/17/2014 02:49 AM, Alex Jordan wrote:
>> In my dream
>> world, it would not only support Debian: Right now, most of the Tor
>> network runs on Debian, which is not ideal. We need more *BSD and
>> Solaris! And FreeDOS! :)
> Why is this not ideal? I'm not following.
> Also, do you mean Debian or Debian-like? If the latter, Tor
> Cloud (Ubuntu) probably accounts for a fair bit of that inbalance.

If there's a problem with one implementation, an attacker can easily
take over the parts that are based on that implementation. Diversity of
relay operation systems helps against single points of failure (like the
Debian OpenSSL issue, or even the 1.x Heartbleed).

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/