[tor-relays] Debian relay Puppet module

Alexander Fortin alexander.fortin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 11:31:55 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I’ve recently joined the Tor Project and I have been running a non exit relay for a few days.

I’m also a Puppet user and, more in general, I try to make deploying applications on the servers I administer as easy as possibile, Tor included.

I think Tor documentation to install on a Debian server is quite good, but I still prefer to have Puppet doing that for me, and I’m quite sure every Puppet user out there would think the same.

This is the work-in-progress version of the module I’m currently using to manage my relay:

https://github.com/shaftoe/puppet-tor/tree/fixes

I’m open to any feedback on how to improve it and eventually publish it to the Puppet forge (make it easier for other Puppet users to use it); maybe adding some decent disclaimer on top of the README? I can also drop the whole idea if someone convince me is a bad one...

--
Alexander Fortin
http://about.me/alexanderfortin