[tor-relays] Exit policies pointing to IP blocks not appearing on Globe

Matt Puckey matt at puckey.org
Tue Jun 10 22:05:38 UTC 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:50:59 -0300
Mendelson Gusmão <mendelsongusmao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Talking about security, even "legal security"... My ISP provides only
> one IP address, so, would be better to run it as a non-exit relay?

Depends on how comfortable you feel. As other posters have said, there
is the possibility of effects on how your only public facing IP
address 'gets treated'. If your ISP (and others) are not aware that
you are running a Tor relay, they are (most likely) going to assume
that what came from your IP address was you. I personally don't
advocate running an exit from a domestic connection. But again, no one
else can make this decision for you - it is down to how comfortable
you are with it. :)

> All I need is to remove all policies, except reject *:*?

Correct.

--Matt