[tor-relays] Tor bridges with AWS

Justin R. Porter justinrporter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:47:04 UTC 2014

You don't need tor installed on your local machine to contribute to the
Tor network by running a AWS-based relay.

Did you spin up an AWS EC2 micro instance using the image on
cloud.torproject.org? If so, then (at least in principle) you don't need
to do anything more, but it's probably a good idea to ssh in and check
to see that everything is running. You could also edit your torrc to
supply the correct contact info and give your relay a special name!

---
Justin R. Porter