[tor-relays] Best way for normal OS X users to run a relay?

Nima Fatemi nima at riseup.net
Thu Jun 5 03:58:10 UTC 2014

Andrew Lewman:
> On 06/04/2014 06:35 PM, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>> On 2014-06-05 00:06, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>>> What is the best way to run a relay on OS X currently?
>
>> But if you just want tor though, try Homebrew:
>> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/tor.rb
>
> We could really use relay-only bundles again, one for non-exit and one
> for exit relay. Something simple for osx as a dmg/zip to extract and run
> (in a Terminal window at a minimum).
>
> We could use these for Windows too.

I guess the question here is whether these bundles help or actually hurt
the network?

I mean people install OSX and windows on their personal computers, not
their servers. Every time they close the lid of their laptop a nod will
go down.

--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B | @nimaaa | mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall