[tor-relays] VPS for tor exit nodes

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Jun 3 14:08:22 UTC 2014

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 05:35:16 -0700 (PDT)
Contra Band <contra0band at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear exit node operators,
>
> Could you please recommend vps providers allowing to run tor exit nodes?
>
> I checked many vps operators but most of them allow relays but not exit nodes according to AUP or ToS.

1) https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs

2) by looking to host an Exit node on a VPS as opposed to a dedicated server,
you likely expect to pay much less to the provider than you would for a
dedicated server. However the amount of trouble that an Exit node is going to
bring to the provider stays exactly the same, and it's not even close to being
justified by the profit they gather from a comparatively insignificant amount
which you pay for that VPS.

--
With respect,
Roman