[tor-relays] Possible tor usage by Dragonfly aka Energetic Bear

manuel at myops.de manuel at myops.de
Tue Jul 29 14:50:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

today I received a registered mail by the BKA, the german federal
police, alerting me that some stuff related to the Dragonfly aka
Energetic Bear backdoor Oldrea/Havex could be traced back to one
of my ips. The ip in questions is the one with which I run my tor
exit node. I phoned the BKA and asked if they would be aware that
Dragonfly uses the tor network to connect to their C&C servers.
At least the BKA-person at the phone wasn't aware.

Just thought to let you know.

Regards, M.