[tor-relays] Speed of my relay not correct on global list

Josh josh at wtftacos.com
Mon Jul 21 22:28:42 UTC 2014

I don't know the answer to your question and I am sorry that you are
having this issue. That said even if you are not doing anything besides
running a relay it is a security risk to be running a tor node on
Windows XP.

There are exploits that do not require any interaction from the user.
The sentiment that the rest of the list is trying to impress on you is
that by running a Tor nod on XP you are potential putting the entire Tor
network at risk to a malicious actor.

This is by far a more pressing concern than speeds being reported
correctly. As others have said since you say cost is a factor in
purchasing a Windows 7 license then install Linux or BSD. I cannot
express how easy it is if you follow the guide to set up a Debian node.