[tor-relays] Speed of my relay not correct on global list

B00ze/Empire B00ze64 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:19:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-20 23:53, Joel Cretan <jcretan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM, B00ze/Empire <B00ze64 at hotmail.com
> <mailto:B00ze64 at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Who cares that MS doesn't support it. So you are claiming that
>     because it runs on Xp the speed testing is failing? I find that
>     hard to believe.
>

> Everyone using Tor cares. I believe the other posters are seizing on
> this detail because it is much more important for you to upgrade your
> vulnerable machine than to worry about what speed is reported. Perhaps
> it is better for now that your speed is under-reported, to keep too
> many clients from connecting to a potentially dangerous relay.

I cant upgrade the machine, I'd have to buy hardware and since the
machine is 12 years old, I have no intention of replacing the failing
parts. I am slowly building a replacement server, but until then, Xp it
is. I do not browse, read email, open PDFs, run Flash, install programs
- I dont do anything on that server besides running the Tor relay (and
polipo) and serving files on the local network. The machine is behind a
hardware and a software firewall. The chances of infection is basically
zero, so there is no great rush to setup the replacement server.

But since everyone just cannot get passed the fact that it runs Xp, I
guess we will have to wait some months before I can get some real
answers as to the problem I wish resolved.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

    _\|/_    Sylvain / B00ze64 at hotmail.com
    (o o)    Member-+-David-Suzuki-Foundation-+-Planetary-Society-
  oO-( )-Oo  C Error #009: FATAL! Portable code found!