[tor-relays] Fwd: [Abuse[...]] GameoverZeus-Infektionen

no.thing_to-hide at cryptopathie.eu no.thing_to-hide at cryptopathie.eu
Fri Jul 18 20:24:31 UTC 2014

Hello Chris and many thanks for running a fast exit!

CERT Bund is the CSIRT of the German Federal Office for Information
Security (BSI = Bundesamt fuer Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik).
(1)(2). They surely know Tor, because they distribute security advices
for our anonymizer project (3)(4)(5).

But in your case I guess that their operator did not know that you run
an exit, or at least did not look on the exit-list.

When I do a Whois lookup of your server (6), there is only the link to
Hetzner. When I do the same for exits of Zwiebelfreunde or CCC, there
is the hint at Tor:
"This network is used for research in anonymisation services and
provides a TOR exit node to end users." (7)(8). I case of
Zwiebelfreunde there is also a server running on the exit with a
homepage (9).

Probably such a hint will help against a few complaints in future.

Best regards and stay wiretapped!

Anton

1)
https://www.bsi.bund.de/EN/Topics/IT-Crisis-Management/Cert-Bund/cert-bund_node.html
2) https://www.bsi.bund.de/EN/Home/home_node.html
3) https://www.cert-bund.de/advisoryshort/CB-K13-0005
4) https://www.cert-bund.de/advisoryshort/CB-K14-0112
5) https://www.cert-bund.de/advisoryshort/CB-K14-0722
6) https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=5.9.21.19
7) https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=77.247.181.164
8) https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=77.244.254.227
9) http://77.247.181.164

- --
no.thing_to-hide at cryptopathie dot eu
0x30C3CDF0, RSA 2048, 24 Mar 2014
0FF8 A811 8857 1B7E 195B 649E CC26 E1A5 30C3 CDF0
Bitmessage (no metadata): BM-2cXixKZaqzJmTfz6ojiyLzmKg2JbzDnApC