[tor-relays] Oubound Ports

Greg Moss gmoss82 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 21:01:20 UTC 2014

When we say a process connects on port 22 we mean a process on the local
computer tries to connect to a remote computer on its port 22, ie 22 is the
"destination".  The process on the local computer will use a random numbered
"source" port (from 1 to 65535) on leaving the local computer.
 On the remote computer, there will be a process listening on its inbound
port 22.

I understand the dynamic port assignment computer initiating the connection
to "whatever" port the remote server is listening on . What I am seeing is
traffic sourced from port 22 on my relay and wondering what process or
program is initiating that connection......  I have outbound port 22 blocked
and am seeing a number of hits on the ACL

gm