[tor-relays] Unprompted HUPs

kingqueen kingqueen at btnf.tw
Wed Jul 9 16:38:56 UTC 2014

hi,

Checking the log of my relay, I see that sometimes it reloads its
configuration from what it says is a HUP signal.

An example:

"06:40:57 [NOTICE] Received reload signal (hup). Reloading config and
resetting internal state."

I don't understand, as I was asleep at that point and didn't interact
with the relay or the server at all, I haven't set up anything to
automatically issue a HUP.

Does Tor automatically trigger its own HUP every so often?

Thanks

---