[tor-relays] UK Exit Node

Julien ROBIN julien.robin28 at free.fr
Sun Jul 6 13:48:03 UTC 2014

In effect, as Moritz said (and Roman also tried to say) it's necessary for navigation over Tor, that every Exit Possibility/Restriction are listed into your Exit Policy. If your Exit Node is not going to connect to a given website, it's fine, but the Tor Client have to know it, in order to automatically choose another Exit to reach the destination.

For Tor Exit Node on a residential DSL line, because I love challenges, I've done this in the past, from August 2013 to end of December 2013, with unlimited exit policy ;) on a Raspberry Pi. May be I was lucky but apart from 1 copyright infrigement (French "Hadopi" the second week), I never had any problem, and in such case the situation is not very comlicated to handle (you simply explain).

If you're like me you will have no problem by thinking your Internet connexion have great chance to be looked by your ISP and/or bigger instition : it's part of the challenge, and a challenge is interesting when almost no one is plucky enough to do what you're going to do ;)

In order to get your participation to last a long time, it's usefull to run your node on a dedicated machine, while you can focus on your hobbies and use your computer/desktop as before.

Best regards,
Julien ROBIN