[tor-relays] UK Exit Node

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 07:35:35 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Michael Banks <c at starbs.net> wrote:

> I was taking extra precaution by running PeerGuardian and specifically
> blocking malicious IPs, and will continue to do so while I have a relay
> node.

If you are using PeerGuardian to filter Tor traffic, that is sub-optimal.
The main reason that many people use Tor is precisely that their traffic is
filtered, and blocking "malicious IPs".  Substituting your judgements for
those of their Govt might be an improvement, or not.  As Tor has no way of
knowing what you will block, traffic via your node will fail, but circuits
will continue being created.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane