[tor-relays] Relays or exits: which is needed?

Jason Odoom jasonodoom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 05:02:48 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

Exits are needed most.[1] But if you want to run an Exit be prepared to
deal with complaints. That link should answer your question in depth
although the stats are four years old. It also includes tips to make sure
you run an Exit with minor issues. Although the stats are outdated and the
percentage of Exits have increased over the years, as it states in the post
it is still one of the scarcest nodes. Hopefully others will be able to
provide more information concerning updated statistics. But I believe it
was covered at 30C3 last-year. [2]

Regards,

Jason Odoom

[1]
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tips-running-exit-node-minimal-harassment
[2] http://youtube.com/watch?v=CJNxbpbHA-I

Sent from my Android, please excuse my brevity and any typos.