[tor-relays] optimize performance of a relay running on a VM

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 03:14:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:24 PM, s7r <s7r at sky-ip.org> wrote:
>>> dedicated RAM - 2.6 Ghz 1 core CPU dedicated - OS: FreeBSD 10.0
>>> Release amd64
>>> - DO NOT KNOW IF I HAVE AES-NI SUPPORT OR HOW TO ACTIVATE IT (?)

> It does not return anything. I have the proc folder, but there is no
> cpuinfo file in it. Here:
>
> root at tor:/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep aes
> cat: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory

That's because FreeBSD is not Linux, its proc is
limited to procfs(5) with non process info/knobs in
sysctl(8), nor is it really necessary to mount proc.
Also, 'aes' is presented in CAPS.
That single core might be old enough to not have it.
Check:
/var/run/dmesg.boot
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/misc/cpuid/
 [also available via ftp package]