[tor-relays] which browser for BSD systems?

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Tue Jan 28 13:09:32 UTC 2014

Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 06:34:49AM -0600, Scott Bennett wrote:
> >      Assuming that the tor browser is still a fork off of firefox from a few
> > years ago, then I'd still like to build it using local tuning.  firefox is
> > such a CPU hog that I'd really like to get the most out of compiler
> > optimization of it.
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/blob/HEAD:/gitian/README.build

     Thanks much for those references.  I will definitely take a look through
them before attempting to build the browser.

> You are in for some fun. :)

     Oh, joy!  :-<

> But before you get too angry at Mike, read through
> https://blog.torproject.org/category/tags/cyberpeace
> to see why it's the way it is.

     Okay.  I'll read that, too.

> (Also, why is this thread on tor-relays? It seems to have nothing to
> do with running relays.)

     Because I'm still subscribed to it and to the tor-announce list.  I
dropped off the tor-talk list two or three years ago due to the volume.
And I didn't think discussions would be viable on the tor-announce list. :->
     Anyway, thanks for the help.  I've stopped the double logging and also
repaired the rc.d script for now.  With luck I'll figure out how to get tor
to build properly again without the ports tree in time for the next time
I want to upgrade.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *or*   bennett at freeshell.org   *