[tor-relays] which browser for BSD systems?

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Tue Jan 28 08:20:46 UTC 2014

andrew at torproject.is wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 09:43:04AM -0600, bennett at sdf.org wrote 1.8K bytes in 0 lines about:
> : and a couple of other add-ons.  The tor project's web site still has no
> : browser available for the {Dragonfly,Free,Net,Open}BSD, so what I'd like to
> : know is which browser and security add-ons can the tor community recommend
> : for use with tor?
>
> Tor Browser works fine in FreeBSD 9 and 10.

     Thanks, Andrew.  However, looking through the choices in

https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/3.5.1/

the only BSD-type versions I see as the Mac OS X versions.  My past
experiences with attempting to build Mac OS X programs under FreeBSD have
been uniformly bad.  Would you please direct me to a version that builds
correctly under FreeBSD 9.2?  Which version have you seen work fine under
FreeBSD 9 and/or 10?

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *or*   bennett at freeshell.org   *