[tor-relays] Here,s my problem.

kattamann at sbcglobal.net kattamann at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 26 22:54:17 UTC 2014

On 1/26/2014 5:33 PM, an.to_n-73 at riseup.net wrote:
> Hello Kattamann!
>
> Great to have you with us!
>
> When you want to configure your machine as Tor entry for censored users, you
> need to set up Vidalia as Bridge.
>
> Download the Vidalia bridge bundle from
> <https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html.en>
>
> More information you find in the manual or on
> <https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges>
>
> Somewhat more advanced is an obfuscated bridge
> <https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy.html>
> what works against the censorship of normal bridges.
>
> I recommend to read a little bit about Tor to get a better understanding.
>
> When you want to run the bridge on your main PC, it shall be "always on". But be
> careful: As bridge operator you run a real server, with all risks of a machine,
> which is always on the net and listening for incoming connections. You should
> inform yourself at least about firewalls and the port-forwarding on your
> modem/router, so that external users can reach you bridge.
>
> After getting some experience with the bridge it might be better to switch to a
> small singleboard computer like the RaspberryPi, OLinuXino or Wandboard. They
> cost only little, consume less electricity like a desktop and do not contain you
> personal data. You can connect them directly to the modem.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Anton

Thank you Anton

       Thanks again for your quick response. I am using a Siemens speed
stream dsl router my friend recommend it for its built in security. I
have read some of the pages you sent ,but will reread them and pull out
my manual my friend sent me on my dsl router glad I kept it. Thanks
again for the suggestion have a lot of studying to do!