[tor-relays] How effective is "NumCPUs"?

Christian Dietrich christian.d.dietrich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 18:48:39 UTC 2014

I've got arround 200 mbits with an Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 (not over 30%
total cpu usage - 1 core at ~100%).
Pretty slow for an dedicated gigabit connection, due to this fact i've
killed my nodes.
The ticket for this "problem" is still not solved, after 3 1/2 years. :[

quote from the ticket(would sign that):

May I suggest to get this at critical priority?
21th century crypto software can't afford to be not fully-threaded ;)
No CPU sold today is mono-core anymore, and I sure few people would run
a tor dedicated relay up 24/24 to see it used at only 1/n'th of its
capacity.