[tor-relays] which browser for BSD systems?

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Fri Jan 24 15:43:04 UTC 2014

     I'm about a year behind on reading this list, so in the event that my
question has been addressed during that time, please forgive me for skipping
ahead to the present.
     In the past week, I have *finally* managed to upgrade from FreeBSD 8.2
to 9.2 and am now slogging through the rebuilding of all my installed ports.
The ancient version of firefox that I had been stuck with due to later
versions' memory allocation bugs now no longer works.  For the moment, I have
built firefox 26, but because there is no longer a version of torbutton to be
found for love or money from anywhere I'd trust, I'd really like to install
something safer than just firefox with NoScript, AdblockPlus, Better Privacy,
and a couple of other add-ons.  The tor project's web site still has no
browser available for the {Dragonfly,Free,Net,Open}BSD, so what I'd like to
know is which browser and security add-ons can the tor community recommend
for use with tor?
     Thanks in advance for any clues.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *or*   bennett at freeshell.org   *