[tor-relays] System Time

eliaz eliaz at riseup.net
Mon Jan 20 14:58:02 UTC 2014

On 1/17/2014 9:24 PM, nano wrote:
> On 18/01/2014 12:30 PM, eliaz wrote:

>> I've been thinking for a while that a separate list for *bridge*
>> operators might be a good idea.
[snip]
>>     If other bridge operators also feel underserved and experienced users
>> feel beleaguered by us, maybe opening a list for bridge operators (or an
>> encrypted support address) might be a good experiment. Even if a
>> dedicated list is populated only amateurs it might help us keep running
>> more consistently & intelligently.
>>     Yup, my bridge is down for now. Understanding what I'm doing has
>> taken too much time away from other work. I hope to have the bridge up
>> again>> as soon as I have enough time to work things out on my own or
>> frame intelligent questions. - eliaz
>> ---- gpg 04DEF82B
>
> I don't see any reason why bridge related topics shouldn't be posted to
> [tor-relays]; they are, after all, a relay.
[snip]>
> I'd like to help you with your bridge problems; however, I don't run
> relays in graphical environments and don't use Vidalia. Have you
> considered launching a Tor cloud instance to run a bridge [*]? It is
> free (for 12 months on Amazon), simple to setup, and requires very
> little (if any) maintenance. If you decide you would like to run a
> bridge on Amazon and have any difficulties, I would be happy to help.
> You can email me off list if you prefer.
>
> [*] https://cloud.torproject.org/

I appreciate the offers, but until I catch up on my day job I won't be
able to take much advantage of them, and my delays in responding will
annoy both of us. And I want to first check out why switching between
tor versions in windows hasn't been working before asking questions
relevant to tor itself. I hope to be back soon. - eliaz

---