[tor-relays] Trying Trusted Tor Traceroutes

Konrad Neitzel konrad at neitzel.de
Mon Jan 20 13:37:59 UTC 2014

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your quick reply.

Am 2014-01-20 14:22, schrieb Sebastian Urbach:
> Of course there are systems still working on the task and probably
> there will be a few more wit a complete set of results. Considering
> the fact that this project is running for a few months now and based
> on the starting dates you can see it does not look good so far.

Ok, I didn't check the starting dates so far. I was a little bit lazy
and thought, that enough others would do it so that I could skip this.
But after reading that only 90 sets of data was sent so far I simply
decided that this was completely wrong.

> From what i can see you run the script with traceroute and not with
> scamper. That will take roughly 1 month to finish. You started
> yesterday and submitted the data from phase 1,2 and 7 runs from phase
> 3. Since you are in an early stage i would suggest stopping the script
> and install scamper as recommended. ETA will go down from about 30
> days go 4 days ...

I am wondering about that. I installed scamper (/usr/local/bin and this
is inside the path) and even set the suid root bit as requested inside
the README. And inside the Traceroute-results I have a .scamper file
(but not sure if that is correct or not).
The script is running as normal user and the traceroute command is not
inside the path of the user (it is located inside /usr/sbin).
I started the scan simply with a ./traceroute.sh call

So did I miss something? Thank you for your assistance!

With kind regards,

Konrad