[tor-relays] Throughput changes?

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Jan 14 03:43:46 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 11:40 PM, I wrote:
> The question is from an ab initio in Linux, servers and Tor guts and
> Tor's security integrity.
> I am asking from the point of view of running more than one Tor thingy
> on one server at one ip address.
> It has been said it is bad to run a Tails torrent and a relay or
> exit on the one VPS.
> Plus I don't know the actual steps to setting most things up on a
> server by command line.

You can run up to 2 Tor processes per IP address. Apart from obvious
resource restrictions, you can run as many Tor processes on any machine
as you like.

I don't see a problem with seeding Tails and running a Tor relay on the
same VPS.

> The second part was asking if there is anyway to control the cpu or whatever
> load draws attention to Tor.

Only indirectly, by limiting its bandwidth.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/