[tor-relays] Throughput changes?

I beatthebastards at inbox.com
Mon Jan 13 22:40:02 UTC 2014

Moritz,

Inarticulate I may be... but my intention is to expand Tor's contribution to people power.

The question is from an ab initio in Linux, servers and Tor guts and Tor's security integrity.
I am asking from the point of view of running more than one Tor thingy on one server at one ip address.
It has been said it is bad to run a Tails torrent and a relay or exit on the one VPS.
Plus I don't know the actual steps to setting most things up on a server by command line.

The second part was asking if there is anyway to control the cpu or whatever load draws attention to Tor.
It seems Tor would be more acceptable on more VPSs if it reliably did not cause the operators problems.
After being suspended for resource abuse I asked an operator to help me meet their requirements to which they said they could only do so much about it but not prevent it.

Robert