[tor-relays] Throughput changes?

Thomas Themel thomas at themel.com
Mon Jan 13 19:48:29 UTC 2014

Hi Moritz,
Excerpts from Moritz Bartl's message of Mon Jan 13 19:30:05 +0100 2014:
> First of all, if you don't limit your relay bandwidth and hit CPU
> limits, this will have a negative impact for Tor users. So you should
> always make sure that CPU (single core!) usage stays well below 100%. An
> indicator of a CPU-bound problem are log entries like

Ah, thanks, I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to slow things down to stay
within bandwidth limits now, anyway.

> "Failed to hand off onionskin. Closing. Your computer is too slow to
> handle this many circuit creation requests!"

None of these recently, though apparently there were some in autumn. I was probably not really overle

> Judging from Atlas, your relay might have just gotten the Stable flag.
> For details, see https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay

That may well have happened, the machine running was quite crash prone and
recently had a rare stable spell. Still, any theories on how that would reduce
my per-bandwidth CPU consumption?

ciao,
--
[*Thomas  Themel*] As an admin I use the Reagan Rule:
[Albulastrasse 52] I Just Say No.