[tor-relays] [Feedback?] Multiple Tor processes on one host

Alexander Dietrich alexander at dietrich.cx
Sun Jan 5 19:17:30 UTC 2014

> I wrote a short "HowTo" on running multiple Tor processes on one host
> [1]. Feedback and improvements are greatly appreciated!
>
> Johannes
>
> Link(s):
> [1]: https://gist.github.com/waaaaargh/8271499

Sounds pretty straight-forward to me! A few things:

- Line 15: do you really need 5 IP addresses for 4 Tor processes?
   Also, the example addresses (.11 - .15) don't show up anywhere
   later, so maybe just write something like "use one IP address
   per Tor process".

- Line 32: you can use "https" in the URL here as well.

- Line 64: the "DirPortFrontPage" setting in torrc seems like an
   easier way to achieve this.

- Maybe add a link to this, might motivate people to turn on IPv6:
   https://people.torproject.org/~linus/ipv6-relay-howto.html

Best regards,
Alexander
--