[tor-relays] External connections to port 9050

Greg W allrightname at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 15:22:10 UTC 2014

Roger,

You've confirmed my thoughts. I suspected that some people were bulk
scanning relays/exits looking for open proxies too which is why I was
curious if any other operators were seeing this. Thus far today I've got
175,000 connection attempts from 220 distinct IP addresses. I think I'll be
sending some abuse emails and writing a new fail2ban rule!

Thanks,
Greg