[tor-relays] External connections to port 9050

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Thu Feb 27 22:39:55 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-27 23:12, Greg W wrote:
> I turned on some logging on my firewall today to help troubleshoot and
> issue and noticed a load of connections from external addresses to port
> 9050 on my exit node. I don't think that should be publicly accessible.
> Am I wrong about it being publicly accessible and does anyone else see
> lots of connection attempts on that port?

9050 is the standard relay port, as other relays connect to your relay
(and then, likely, exit), it is quite logical that you see those
connections.

That is, unless you changed your port in torrc.

Providing more details about your setup (or the node name, so that it
can be checked in atlas.torproject.org etc) would be very handy to make
any kind of further comment though.

Greets,
 Jeroen