[tor-relays] (no subject)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Feb 24 23:15:11 UTC 2014

On 2/24/14, Jeroen Massar <jeroen at massar.ch> wrote:
> On 2014-02-24 09:32 , Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> I saw a hint of some interesting output by arm:
>> flags: Exit, HSDir, Running, V2Dir, ValidleDebuggerAttachment 0' to
>> your torrc and restarting tor. For more information see...
>>
>> This bit "leDebuggerAttachment 0' to your torrc and restarting tor.
>> For more information see..." disappeared pretty quick.
>
> arm needs a few more details from Tor than it can easily get,
> effectively it wants to ptrace the Tor process to collect these details.
> Hence you'll need to set in torrc:
> DisableDebuggerAttachment 0
> That will allow it to collect these details.
> See also the description for that option in:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en

Thank you. The man page (or something) said that tor would not be able
to apply that option whilst running. Nevertheless I added the option
into torrc so that next time tor gets restarted, I shall be able to
use arm properly.

I'm on Debian and did a service tor reload (not restart) and tor
crashed! I didn't realise immediately, took may be a minute to realise
and restart. Anyway apologies to any connections that were going
through this relay.

Should I report a bug to Debian?

Also, this morning, my relay is back up, but no longer with HSDir
flag. Is this due to setting that option in the torrc file? And if so,
I guess it is recommended to disable that option?

PS Apologies for forgetting the subject line.