[tor-relays] Relay bandwidth

Tora Tora Tora tor at allthatnet.com
Sat Feb 8 16:56:23 UTC 2014

Yes, sorry. I do know the difference between the two, but my morning
coffee was not kicking in yet, and I was definitely not paying
attention. Thanks for taking the time to point out my mistake.

On a similar subject, is there a way to limit Tor's "per connection"
speed, i.e., not total speed. Assuming that a single connection carries
only one "conversation" between two parties at a time, wouldn't limiting
a single connection speed to, say 50-100Kb/s, act as deterrent for
people transferring files--where speed matters more--rather than having
private textual exchange, which should be adequate for anonymity and
privacy reasons. Of course, if not uniformly implemented, it would
create either botlenecks or allow someone to identify the possible
routes, if not the data being transferred. Or is it a terrible idea for
some other reason?