[tor-relays] using Arm to manage nodes

I beatthebastards at inbox.com
Fri Feb 7 21:07:32 UTC 2014

1.When installing it on several supposedly identical VPSs ARM won't start on one because it can't find components where they should be.  I got a limited, incomrehensible (to me) response from the author so it stays unresolved.

2.ARM asks for a password which doesn't exist which is connected to the opening of the control port in torrc i.e. removing the # at ControlPort 9051 and then choosing HashedControlPassword or CookieAuthentication 1.

It would seem that a graphic programme like ARM would be good to help people who want to run a relay but for whom the command line Linux will be insurmountable and deterrent.

Robert