[tor-relays] Onion address or clearnet address

Hang 21388525 at riseup.net
Wed Feb 5 04:56:08 UTC 2014

Some sites such as RiseUp and DuckDuckGo could be accessed via onion
addresses. I would like to know which address (onion address vs clearnet
address) should I use when using TBB. I believe both ways are more or
less the same in terms of identity protection and communication security
(provided that the clearnet addresses are using HTTPS). Perhaps the main
difference is using the clearnet addresses adds burden to the exit
relays, while using onion addresses only consumes bandwidth of middle
relays which is relatives more in supply.

Am I right? Do I overlook anything? Or it doesn't matter at all for
either way?

Best
Hang