[tor-relays] Ubuntu is killing tor when getting low memory

David Stainton dstainton415 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 15:08:46 UTC 2014

Hi Geri,

Oh good! Glad to hear you are experimenting.

It's nice to have some time series graphs (i can't recommend it but
the kids these days use a heavy weight time series graphing system
called graphite)
displaying various memory related properties of your server such as
those values found in /proc/meminfo
You can read about what these fields mean in:
linux/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt

Often times it is possible to look at a stacked time series graph with
all these properties... and it tells you a story about what is going
on. Then you can make more informed decisions with regards to fixing
memory related problems.

Yes... I (and probably others on the tor-relays list) would be
interested in hearing from you if you figure out a solution to your
Linux memory management problems.

Cheers!

David