[tor-relays] OT: folding at home

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Sun Dec 28 12:22:15 UTC 2014

On December 28, 2014 9:52:47 AM Don Nelson <3angle.o at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Please make it public.

Here we go with the installation instructions for the folding at home client
(console).

1) Visit http://folding.stanford.edu and use the download button at the top
of the page. Choose your OS and just load down the client, not the viewer
and controller.

2) Get a passkey:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

3) For Debian like systems just run:

dpkg -i <package-name>

4) Choose a username as you like, enter the team id 227615 if you want to
help the Tor Project (Umofficial) team and adjust tue power level.

Please take a look at this nice table for more infos regarding the power level:

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-v7-intermediate/#ntoc5

5) There may be some minor error messages when the post-installation script
is running. As i recall it is just about the symlinks for the runlevels, no
drama. The client works fine.

6) This is just a quick & dirty guide to get things going. There are way
more options to configure the client but i think thats something you may
want to get into when the client is purring like a cat ;-)