[tor-relays] bridge pool assignments

eliaz eliaz at riseup.net
Sun Dec 28 03:06:20 UTC 2014

Karsten Loesing:
> On 27/12/14 04:03, eliaz wrote:
>> isis:
>> [snip]
>>> As I recall, for previous restarts I've seen pool assignments
>> [snip]
>>> Unless something is broken, BridgeDB is still assigning your
>>> bridge to a distribution pool.  However, if you're looking at
>>> your bridge in Atlas [0], then the "bridge pool assignment" field
>>> has been removed, and it should soon be removed from Globe [1] as
>>> well.  See #13921.[2]
>
>> Thanks for the heads up. It was interesting to see the assignments.
>> But if (as I read the tickets), deleting it in globe & atlas makes
>> the DB programmers'/maintainers' lives easier, I guess bridge
>> operators can do without.
>
>> However, I get a Not Found error for
>
>> https://collector.torproject.org/recent/bridge-pool-assignments/ .
>
>> Is this down temporarily, or permanently? - eliaz
>
> It's removed permanently.  Should it return something else than Not
> Found?  (I found 410 Gone as alternative, but have no idea how common
> that is.)

The 404 is fine. I wasn't complaining about the error code, but rather
inquiring about the future status of that bridge DB output. Knowing that
it's gone deliberately & forever avoids a lot of puzzlement. I hope that
as the outputs continue to change, someone finds the time to rewrite

https://collector.torproject.org/formats.html#bridge-descriptors .

While things are in process, it would suffice to write above defunct
items something like "The following  <item> has been
permanently|temporarily|whatever disabled as of ddmmyy" Please take pity
on the bridge operators! - eliaz

>>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13921