[tor-relays] bridge pool assignments

isis isis at torproject.org
Fri Dec 26 13:46:33 UTC 2014

eliaz transcribed 0.9K bytes:
> Can a bridge carry client traffic even though the bridge hasn't been
> assigned to a pool?
>
> This is evidently the case for my bridge. It's been running for quite a
> while and registering respectable bandwidth and client use. Uptime has
> been near 100%. The only downtimes have been to install OS (win7)
> updates and other housekeeping. I usually do this housekeeping monthly
> rather than weekly.
>
> As I recall, for previous restarts I've seen pool assignments within a
> few hours. They've sometimes been https, sometimes email. But this last
> restart has been running two weeks and the bridge DB shows no pool
> assignment.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? What's the remedy?
>
> If it would help anyone figure this out I can post details, graphs, etc.
> along as they don't compromise the bridge. - eliaz

Hello!

Unless something is broken, BridgeDB is still assigning your bridge to a
distribution pool.  However, if you're looking at your bridge in Atlas [0],
then the "bridge pool assignment" field has been removed, and it should soon
be removed from Globe [1] as well.  See #13921. [2]

[0]: https://atlas.torproject.org
[1]: https://globe.torproject.org
[2]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13921

--