[tor-relays] bridge pool assignments

eliaz eliaz at riseup.net
Wed Dec 24 19:02:06 UTC 2014

Can a bridge carry client traffic even though the bridge hasn't been
assigned to a pool?

This is evidently the case for my bridge. It's been running for quite a
while and registering respectable bandwidth and client use. Uptime has
been near 100%. The only downtimes have been to install OS (win7)
updates and other housekeeping. I usually do this housekeeping monthly
rather than weekly.

As I recall, for previous restarts I've seen pool assignments within a
few hours. They've sometimes been https, sometimes email. But this last
restart has been running two weeks and the bridge DB shows no pool
assignment.

Has anyone else experienced this? What's the remedy?

If it would help anyone figure this out I can post details, graphs, etc.
along as they don't compromise the bridge. - eliaz