[tor-relays] building Tor against LibreSSL 2.1.1 fails with "undefined reference to `EVP_aes_128_ctr'" error

Seth list at sysfu.com
Tue Dec 23 17:00:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 06:33:44 -0800, Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net>
wrote:
> What version of Tor are you using here?  I think we have this fixed in
> 0.2.6.1-alpha with this commit:
>    d1fa0163e571913b8e4972c5c8a2d46798f46156
> And this ticket:
>    https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13325

I tried unsuccessfully with all three versions: stable, alpha and the
latest from git.

Tor builds no problem when using the previous LibreSSL version (2.1.1) on
FreeBSD 9.3.

As a side note, LibreSSL 2.1.2 also caused nginx builds using libressl as
a dependency to fail.

OpenSMTPD and Dovecot will still build successfully against LibreSSL 2.1.2
on the same system.