[tor-relays] Changing ulimit for debian-tor

Lluís msl12 at sde12.jazztel.es
Thu Dec 11 08:56:05 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

> Tor can generally raise the limits itself, though, when started as
> root. Can you post the error message that caused you to ask this
> question ?

There's no error message, I followed this thread:

"Tor Server - DDOS or High Load"

there were talking about ulimits and I checked mine.

I also have to confess that there is no

rc_ulimit="-n NNNNNN"

option in my torrc file.

> and tell us how you start Tor?

I start tor as the "debian-tor" user and with the delivered tools,
that is:

/etc/init.d/tor start

Besides that, it seems to be very difficult for my relay (nickname
ione) to get the "guard" flag, and I wondered if it may have any
relation.

Thanks in advance,
Lluís