[tor-relays] Guard flag and some irregularities

Rafael Rodriguez rafaelr at icctek.com
Sat Dec 6 21:23:23 UTC 2014

hmm... I'll keep an eye on it but I do not see TCP or UDP floods coming
in. It is quite peaceful actually.

Thanks.

Like I said, I don't mind getting more traffic as long as the server can
handle it stable. I know what my contribution should be and I was well
aware when I fired up my relay.

My best to you all.

On 2014-12-06 16:02, Sebastian Urbach wrote:

> On December 6, 2014 9:41:34 PM Rafael Rodriguez <rafaelr at icctek.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> https://atlas.thecthulhu.com/#details/48ADFCC561402D7EBB1CDE233F206B01D8FA0765 [1] 1- Is it ok for the Guard flag to come and go so often? I do not see anything wrong with my relay and it is pushing up to 12MBs at times.
>
> From what i can see the numbers are way lower than that. Recently the criterias to qualify as a guard changed, i assume that you drop out of the guard position because you don't make the cut all the time. If im not mistaken the number of guards dropped roughly 50 % after the changes were implemented.
>
>> Most of the time, my relay pushes between 3-7MB/s constantly and that's fine. But there are occasions in which I see it spike and send out as much as 12MB/s
>
> I'm struggling with the numbers, if you take a look at the graphs you are not getting this much traffic. Maybe your system is under attack (DoS, DDoS) ? It does not look like it's regular Tor traffic ...
>
> --
> Sincerely yours / Sincères salutations
>
> Sebastian Urbach

Links: