[tor-relays] Guard flag and some irregularities

Rafael Rodriguez rafaelr at icctek.com
Sat Dec 6 20:40:41 UTC 2014

https://atlas.thecthulhu.com/#details/48ADFCC561402D7EBB1CDE233F206B01D8FA0765

1- Is it ok for the Guard flag to come and go so often? I do not see
anything wrong with my relay and it is pushing up to 12MBs at times.

Most of the time, my relay pushes between 3-7MB/s constantly and that's
fine. But there are occasions in which I see it spike and send out as
much as 12MB/s when I have set a limit of @6MB/s.

2- Is Tor not respecting the limits? If it doesn't respect the limits
consistently it might as well overkill my budget which translates into
me killing the relay.